Skip to main content

Steaming Two Dishes

Today, after my new friend and her 5 month old baby went home, I took advantage of my pot that has a steamer on top. I steamed broccoli on top and then steamed a common Cantonese dish that has salted duck egg, chicken eggs, marinated minced pork with green onions, on the bottom steamer.  I put the timer on for five minutes. Once it boils, I loosen the lid so steam is released. Then, I continue to steam with the loose lid. That is the trick to get the egg smooth and soft. I will show the results in a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pork Tenderloin and Broccoli

Tonight, I baked pork tenderloin at 400 degrees in the toaster oven for twenty five minutes. I simply poked some< holes in the meat with a fork, drizzled olive oil and sprinkled salt, pepper and garlic powder. The broccoli was stir fried. I started with frying up minced garlic and ginger over medium high heat in oil. Then, I throw in the broccoli and half a cup of water. Next, I turn the heat up to boil the mixture for a few minutes with a lid covering everything until the broccoli is soft.

Food Management At Home

Good Evening, I want to share my thoughts with you about how we manage food at home.  I lived with my parents until I got married, which was 2 years ago. It was after I learned my husband's system of managing food that I realized that my parents and I did not have a system so a lot of food and money was wasted.  I discovered that my husband's system saves money and lessens food waste. The former benefits our wallets and latter benefits the environment.  So this is how he does it.  He is very organized.  He actually has an inventory list of the staple food in our home and that includes the examples of rice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, milk and eggs.  He checks the physical inventory at home to see which ones he needs to buy during his weekly grocery shopping trip.  He also checks flyers of his two favorite supermarkets to see what is on sale to determine what groceries to buy.  He only buys groceries that are on sale so he has a list of sale items that he refers to.  Only buy